Sunday 29 September 2013

Meet Buddy


Let me introduce you to my little hedgehog, Buddy. Isn't he gorgeous? For anybody who isn't familiar with the domestic hedgehog, I'll tell you a bit about him. So, he's an African Pygmy Hedgehog and he lives in my bedroom in a vivarium (a wooden box with glass sliding doors on the front). He's nocturnal and runs on his wheel every night, eats cat biscuits and mealworms and he also enjoys the occasional bath (who doesn't?!). He's a funny little character and I definitely know when he's in a strop with me! 

I've had him for a couple of years now and although he absolutely stinks, I'm very glad I got him. I love animals and although we already have a family dog (I'll do a post on her another time), it's great to have a pet of my own. Whilst he's obviously adorable, I don't like to promote hedgehogs as pets to everyone - they're not just like a hamster and they need somebody with time to give to them. 

Does anybody else have a pet hedgehog? 

No comments:

Post a Comment